Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Paper Girls Challenge

With tons of pictures from Hannah's ballet recital, I was finally able to use some of the ballet paper I had been hoarding this year.
I really liked Echo Park's mini kit with elegant designs and fresh colors.
I used the June sketch challenge at The Paper Girls Challenge Blog for inspiration.

And here is what I came up with.
I traced a template on the striped paper to create the scallop design and with only a scrap of this pretty blue crocheted ribbon left, I split it and hid the gap with some oversized flowers. I stapled bits of ribbon to the top edge of the photo to tie in with the bold black letters and some bling to create depth and movement.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute page! I'm glad you were able to dig into some hoarded supplies while working on this page. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you "hid the gap"! Great tip. Thanks for linking up with the PGCB.

    ReplyDelete