Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Thankful Layout

With so many November inspiration challenges being about Thanksgiving and thankfulness, I decided to go against the grain and use a photo from summer for my thankful layout.
I used my Sizzix circle die to cut various sized circles from a My Mind's Eye Six by Six paper pad that all coordinated. I adhered them in a circle with faux stitching, with brad and button embellishments.
I was inspired by ScrapFIT Workout #79 to use washi tape and added a strip of dotted tape by Queen & Co. and made coordinating little flags with pins.
For Paper Girls challenge, I used "thanks" as my subject.
For Scrapping Everyday Miracles challenge, I made my layout about my lovely family and included the blue gingham ribbon with a little bow to add to the family ties theme.
I used the color and sketch inspiration from Color Me Scrappy's Challenge #15:

11 comments:

  1. I love your circle made out of circles. Great layout! Thanks for playing with us at Color Me Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout Andrea (I think you forgot the K in thankful though---I can relate:)), I do stuff like that all the time;). I love all those circles and your use of ribbon for our scrap "twist". Great job and thanks for participating in another one of our challenges over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sucker for circles and I think the circle of circles is fab! This a great layout!! Kudis for working so many challenges. Thanks for entering this with us at The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea! This is so awesome!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC page Andrea! I love how you stitched those circles together!!! (I'm definitely scrap-lifting this!) Thanks for sharing your awesome page with us at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout and great use of washi! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ScrapFIT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute layout, love the mix of paper you chose. Looks like a fun boat ride for all. Thanks for joining us this month at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea this is a perfect layout for family ties! So glad you could share with us just how grateful you are for your family. Thanks for sharing @ SEM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous layout, I so love all those circles! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love all the elements of this page but especially the circles! love 'em! thanks for sharing with us @ SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the button accents... really great page!

    ReplyDelete