Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Leaves

I have become pickier about the dies I buy, especially since I have owned a Sizzix since the old days of the red push handle model and my collection has grown and takes up so much space. Now I stand in the aisle trying to decide how exactly I would use the die and how many options it has.
Well after hemming and hawing for some time, I bought a new one, the Tim Holtz leaf die.
I took it home, used it, and immediately fell in love with it! I made a fall page and kept thinking of all the fun options the die could present. I really enjoyed making leaves out of patterned paper that coordinated with my layout. I distressed the edges, embossed veins, and even made some vellum ones.
I used a sketch inspiration from C'est Magnifique for my layout.


7 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT interpretation of the sketch- so glad you joined us this month for the sketch challenge @ C'est Magnifique~!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea! You will be happy you purchased that leaf die. I have it and it's so perfect for fall projects. You have used it in such a unique way on your layout. I love the various papers you have used to create the leaves. Thanks for participating in our sketch challenge at C'est Magnifique Kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just lovely. Perfect die to use too. Thanks for linking up with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Andrea...love all those leaves. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at SEM's Fall Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful fall project, I love the non-traditional colours! Thanks for participating in SEM's October challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning LO! the swirling leaves all around make it look so alive! simply beautiful! thank you for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have put your new purchase to good use, they are perfect for your autumn layout, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing @ SEM xx

    ReplyDelete