Saturday, August 25, 2012

Making Burlap Pretty

I have noticed strips of burlap for sale at scrapbook stores lately so when I saw a remnant for cheap at JoAnn's, I snatched it up and went home to create!
I've cut it into ribbon strips, pulled off pieces to use as twine, and on this layout, even created rosettes with it!
I'm thinking I need to go back and find some other colors so I can keep using it!
To make the rosettes, I followed the same method for paper rosettes, using a spiral circle and rolling it into place, securing it with hot glue and embellishing with a resin rose.
Pulling a frayed end, I was able to get a long strip which I used like twine.
The letters were white foam alphas from Sticko which I painted with yellow paint and added a bit of distressing ink. I punched butterflies from a Starbucks cup cozy and added some of the yellow paint to distress a bit.


I entered this into Two Peas Teresa Collins challenge using her Sweet Afternoon line in beautiful pastels of yellow and blue. I also did the Paper Girls Get Messy challenge by misting the background paper, and adding the paint to the butterflies.
Check out their challenges here:
Two Peas in a Bucket Teresa Collins Challenge
The Paper Girls Get Messy Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Those flowers are to die for... I want some! Gotta go see if I can hunt some down somewhere! Great Job and thanks so much for joining us over at SEM1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page - I've pinned it for future inspiration :) I really like what you did with the burlap and I have some here I'm going to use on my next page :) Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles for our August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the beachy, relaxed feel to it. And those burlap flowers are divine! Thanks so much for joining in with us this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete