Friday, March 22, 2013

Colorful Kraft

I love kraft paper. Michael's used to carry it in packs of 12X12 but discontinued them earlier this year. They have started stocking it in their open stock paper and I stock up on it since it's a staple in my stash.
This month over at Scrap Our Stash, the challenge was to create a project where 50% of it was kraft. plus use at least three metal embellishments.
Also, over at The Paper Girls, they provided a photo for inspiration, in which a tag was made using kraft, and colorful inks.
I created a layout from our beach vacation, using a kraft background, corrugate that I tore from a box, and inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Stain.

Don't forget to go check out the challenges at the blogs by clicking on their names!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful layout! Love the use of the corrugated cardboard and the misted doily! Great take on using your stash of Kraft and metal supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I like all the texture and layers you added to your layout! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on challenge! love how you added the color on that Kraft layout! thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job with the Kraft it Up challenge and love the inking and misting too, especially on the corrugated paper! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, love the color combo and the corrugated cardboard photo mat!
    I been wondering why I couldn't find the Kraft 12x12 at Michael's...my search now has a answer! LOL!
    Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash - Kraft Challenge!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love kraft and using cardboard. This is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete