Monday, December 5, 2011

All The Trimmings!

I stopped at Joann's for one thing yesterday and I don't even remember what it was. What I left with was a bag of fabulous trim that was on sale for 50% off! I had wandered by looking for ruffled lace which I wanted to us in a mixed media album and noticed those spools were on sale. I turned around and all that fabulous fancy pom pom, sequined, crocheted, lacy, fluffy, trim by the yard was on sale too. So I filled my basket and bought a yard of each, a huge savings off what can be considerably more if you buy it on a trim card for a scrapbook line.


My first project was to take the white crocheted lace and alter it. I set it and sprayed it with Walnut Ink by Tsukineko in Eucalyptus and then used my heat gun to dry and distress it. I saw this on a Tim Holtz tutorial and loved it for distressing ribbon and trim.


No comments:

Post a Comment