Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrapbook Steals Monday Craft Madness

I was super excited to be invited to do a Monday Craft Madness project over at Scrapbook Steals! Kerys sent me some wonderful product to play with from Clearsnaps including their Designer Foils and Design Adhesives.
The Adhesives are basically double sided sticky designs that you adhere to your layout or project by just rubbing on with your finger. The foils are similar to foil leaf in that you apply them over the adhesive and rub over, leaving behind a sparkly shiny finish.
I used the Spots and Dots adhesives for my first layout with bold fun circles.
Adding the pink and green foils, I created some shiny background accents on my layout.


I also tried out using Perfect Pearls powders on the adhesives to make some groovy flowers on this fun summery layout.


You could also use glitter or flocking on these.
I also played with the foils using adhesive cardstock. I punched snowflakes from the paper using my Martha Stewart punch...


I then peeled off the backing protecting the adhesive side...
...and stuck the adhesive side to the foil...
I then flipped the foil over and rubbed it onto the cardstock punch.
The result was a foil covered punch with a little bit of the canvas texture of the cardstock for a distressed look.
I made several of them and flourished them across my layout.

I hope you get a chance to check out the Clearsnaps products and join in the Monday Craft Madness challenge over at Scrapbook Steals!



No comments:

Post a Comment