Saturday, September 8, 2012

Scrapbook Steals Pearl #9A

This week's Scrapbook Steals sketch was unique and a challenge for someone like me who leans toward symmetry. The hexagons had an immediate draw for me though since it's a trend I have been loving!
I used my Cricut to cut out some hexagons from My Mind's Eye papers from The Sweetest Thing Tangerine line. I added some dimension by fussy cutting the flowers from one side of the paper.


I inked the edges, curled them up with an embossing stylus, and pop dotted them to the page. I then added yellow Stickles to the centers.
I recently found a new color of Glimmer Mist at Michael's and couldn't resist spritzing some of the Kiwi color onto my kraft background.
Some BoBunny ribbon, a pleated flag, and some butterflies punched from a Starbucks sleeve and I ended up with this take on the sketch:



No comments:

Post a Comment